Our most recent show was on April 8th 2017. many thanks to all of you who visited and to the traders who supported us.
The provisional date for the 2018 show date is Saturday 14th April 2018. Once we have finalised the details with the venue we’ll issue an update to this page and a new blog post.
At our Annual Show, IPMS Dorset, hosted by Poole Vikings Model Club and other regional clubs present displays including aviation, military, transport, marine and sci-fi models. Over 100 tables showing the art and craft of scale model making.
There will be trade stands selling kits, after market products, paints, decals and tools etc.
There will be Competitions covering all classes of models. Refreshments are available all day and there is free car parking.
please complete each entry card in BLOCK capitals with your full name, address, postcode, telephone number and club name on the reverse.
The venue in 2018 will, we hope, be
Parkstone Grammar School
Sopers Lane, Poole, Dorset
BH17 7EP U.K.
for a map click here
Open Times are usually From 10-00 a.m. To 4 p.m.
Admission prices have been Adults £3.50 for adults, £1.00 for children.
Enquiries click here or call on 01202 743494
This Slide Show is of photographs of the 2017 show taken by Malcolm V Lowe.
of particular note above, the completely scratch built 1/48th scale FE8
Memorial Trophy Awards 2017
- Junior – any subject entered by person aged 16 or under on day of show.
- Aircraft, small scale (1/72nd scale and smaller) Alan Mansell Memorial Trophy – ROBIN POWELL
- Aircraft, large scale (larger than 1/72nd scale) John Neale Memorial Trophy – HUGH BEYTS
- Military vehicles, small scale (1/72nd and smaller) Derek Foley Memorial Trophy – DAVE LOVELL
- Military vehicles, large scale (larger than 1/72nd scale) Brian Bisp Memorial Trophy -DON BROOKER
- Civilian vehicles any scale (cars, motorcycles, trucks, trains) Meadowcroft Memorial Trophy – PAUL ADAMS
- Figures and vignettes (factual historical, military, civilian) any scale. –
- Busts (factual historical, military, civilian) any scale. – KEVIN PEART
- Ships and waterborne vessels. –
- Dioramas, any subject/scale. Bruce Arterton Memorial trophy – DAVE POGSON
- Sci-fi, fantasy and space subjects, any scale. Sandy Thompson Memorial trophy – PAUL CAPON
- General – i.e. anything not covered by any other class (flat figures, toy soldiers, war-gaming figures, large-scale weapons, card models etc.) – KIP WATSON
- Aircraft in classes 2 or 3, (by a Poole Vikings Club member) Peter Horne Memorial trophy – KIP WATSON
- Best of Show (awarded to a non PVMC Club member) – MARK HUSBAND
In addition, ANY displays/models at the show are eligible to be awarded a trophy for the following:
- Best Visiting Club Stand/Display – ISCA MODEL CLUB EXETER
- Carol Lowe Memorial – special aircraft award – BRIAN GRIFFIN
- Reg Rose Memorial – any Sherman tank subject – GEOFF CHARMAN
- Albion Alloys Award – best application of scratch-built detail to a model NOT using any commercially produced or after-market detail sets. HUGH BEYTS