Our most recent show was on Saturday 13th April 2019
At our Annual Show, IPMS Dorset, hosted by Poole Vikings Model Club and other regional clubs present displays including aviation, military, transport, marine and sci-fi models. Over 100 tables showing the art and craft of scale model making.
There are trade stands selling kits, after market products, paints, decals and tools etc.
There will be Competitions covering all classes of models. Refreshments are available all day and there is free car parking.
please complete each entry card in BLOCK capitals with your full name, address, postcode, telephone number and club name on the reverse.
The venue will probably be
Parkstone Grammar School
Sopers Lane, Poole, Dorset
BH17 7EP U.K.
for a map click here
Open Times 10-00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Admission prices to be determined but probably £3.50 for adults, £1.00 for children.
Some the models on the PVSM stand at the 2019 show
These next photos are of the 2019 contest table
Memorial Trophy Awards 2019
- Junior – any subject entered by person aged 16 or under on day of show.
- Aircraft, small scale (1/72nd scale and smaller) Alan Mansell Memorial Trophy – Graham Young
- Aircraft, large scale (larger than 1/72nd scale) John Neale Memorial Trophy – Hugh Beyts
- Military vehicles, small scale (1/72nd and smaller) Derek Foley Memorial Trophy – Paul Capon
- Military vehicles, large scale (larger than 1/72nd scale) Brian Bisp Memorial Trophy -Paul Capon
- Civilian vehicles any scale (cars, motorcycles, trucks, trains) Meadowcroft Memorial Trophy – Dave Pirbeck
- Figures and vignettes (factual historical, military, civilian) any scale. Paul Capon –
- Busts (factual historical, military, civilian) any scale. Mike Hazell
- Ships and waterborne vessels. –
- Dioramas, any subject/scale. Bruce Arterton Memorial trophy – Paul Capon
- Sci-fi, fantasy and space subjects, any scale. Sandy Thompson Memorial trophy – Jason Horton
- General – i.e. anything not covered by any other class (flat figures, toy soldiers, war-gaming figures, large-scale weapons, card models etc.)
- Aircraft in classes 2 or 3, (by a Poole Vikings Club member) Peter Horne Memorial trophy – Graham Young
- Best of Show (awarded to a non PVMC Club member) – Paul Capon
In addition, ANY displays/models at the show are eligible to be awarded a trophy for the following:
- Best Visiting Club Stand/Display – IPMS Middleton Cheney
- Carol Lowe Memorial – special aircraft award – Les Clancy
- Reg Rose Memorial – any Sherman tank subject – Martin Crabb
- Albion Alloys Award – best application of scratch-built detail to a model NOT using any commercially produced or after-market detail sets. Mark Hazzard