It with great regret that Poole Vikings have to announce that we will NOT be organising a model show for 2021.
After discussions and given the ongoing uncertainty regarding the roll out of the various vaccines now coming on-stream, the nature of our hobby’s demographic and the fact that dates later in the year tend to be occupied by other shows and exhibitions it was decided that we would wait until the “new normal” was more established before organising a show. So we are looking toward the Easter period in 2022.
We all hope that there will be some shows re-appearing during 2021 and we will be offering our support to as many of these as appropriate. As soon as we feel it is proper to start organising our next show we will inform you.
To our friends, both clubs and traders, we wish you all well in these difficult times and look forward to renewing our contact with you when it is possible.
Usually at our Annual Show, IPMS Dorset (hosted by Poole Vikings Model Club) and other regional clubs present displays including aviation, military, transport, marine and sci-fi models. Over 100 tables showing the art and craft of scale model making.
There are trade stands selling kits, after market products, paints, decals and tools etc.
There will be Competitions covering all classes of models. Refreshments are available all day and there is free car parking.
The following files for the show’s competition can be downloaded. Please note the updated Competition Rules and Classes, revised by Malcolm Lowe and Jim Smith in March 2020. These include an update of the prices for competition entry.
please complete each Entry Card in BLOCK CAPITALS with your full name, address, postcode, telephone number and club name (or state if you are an individual) on the reverse.
The venue will usually be
Parkstone Grammar School
Sopers Lane, Poole, Dorset
BH17 7EP U.K.
for a map click here
Open Times 10-00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Admission usually £3.50 for adults, £1.00 for children.
Some of the models on the PVMC stand at the 2019 show –
These next photos are of the 2019 contest table –
Memorial Trophy Awards 2019 –
- Junior – any subject entered by person aged 16 or under on day of show.
- Aircraft, small scale (1/72nd scale and smaller) Alan Mansell Memorial Trophy – Graham Young
- Aircraft, large scale (larger than 1/72nd scale) John Neale Memorial Trophy – Hugh Beyts
- Military vehicles, small scale (1/72nd and smaller) Derek Foley Memorial Trophy – Paul Capon
- Military vehicles, large scale (larger than 1/72nd scale) Brian Bisp Memorial Trophy -Paul Capon
- Civilian vehicles any scale (cars, motorcycles, trucks, trains) Meadowcroft Memorial Trophy – Dave Pirbeck
- Figures and vignettes (factual historical, military, civilian) any scale. Paul Capon –
- Busts (factual historical, military, civilian) any scale. Mike Hazell
- Ships and waterborne vessels. –
- Dioramas, any subject/scale. Bruce Arterton Memorial trophy – Paul Capon
- Sci-fi, fantasy and space subjects, any scale. Sandy Thompson Memorial trophy – Jason Horton
- General – i.e. anything not covered by any other class (flat figures, toy soldiers, war-gaming figures, large-scale weapons, card models etc.)
- Aircraft in classes 2 or 3, (by a Poole Vikings Club member) Peter Horne Memorial trophy – Graham Young
- Best of Show (awarded to a non PVMC Club member) – Paul Capon
In addition, ANY displays/models at the show are eligible to be awarded a trophy for the following:
- Best Visiting Club Stand/Display – IPMS Middleton Cheney
- Carol and Victor Lowe Memorial – special aircraft award – Les Clancy
- Reg Rose Memorial – any Sherman tank subject – Martin Crabb
- Albion Alloys Award – best application of scratch-built detail to a model NOT using any commercially produced or after-market detail sets. Mark Hazzard