Our next show is on Saturday 13th April 2019
At our Annual Show, IPMS Dorset, hosted by Poole Vikings Model Club and other regional clubs present displays including aviation, military, transport, marine and sci-fi models. Over 100 tables showing the art and craft of scale model making.
There will be trade stands selling kits, after market products, paints, decals and tools etc.
There will be Competitions covering all classes of models. Refreshments are available all day and there is free car parking.
please complete each entry card in BLOCK capitals with your full name, address, postcode, telephone number and club name on the reverse.
The venue will be
Parkstone Grammar School
Sopers Lane, Poole, Dorset
BH17 7EP U.K.
for a map click here
Open Times 10-00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Admission prices to be determined but probably £3.50 for adults, £1.00 for children.
Traders booked to attend the Dorset IPMS/BMSS Model Show
13th April 2019 hosted by Poole Vikings Model Club
Aeromodeller Books (publications)
Antics Models ( new kits)
Avid Reader (publications)
Colin Lee (secondhand kits)
Collectakit (secondhand kits)
Falcon Aviation (secondhand kits)
Just Bases ( display bases and cases)
Mainly Military Models ( Kits )
Mark Spicer kits (secondhand kits)
‘Modelinovations’ ( paints and airbrushing )
A slide show of some the models on the PVSM stand at the 2018 show
plus three photos of fabulous WW1 aircraft on the Early Risers stand. The camouflaged Sopwith Salamander is a kit the other two are scratch built.
Memorial Trophy Awards 2018
- Junior – any subject entered by person aged 16 or under on day of show.
- Aircraft, small scale (1/72nd scale and smaller) Alan Mansell Memorial Trophy – Nick Williamson
- Aircraft, large scale (larger than 1/72nd scale) John Neale Memorial Trophy – Chris McKee
- Military vehicles, small scale (1/72nd and smaller) Derek Foley Memorial Trophy – Dave Lovell
- Military vehicles, large scale (larger than 1/72nd scale) Brian Bisp Memorial Trophy -Ross Butchard
- Civilian vehicles any scale (cars, motorcycles, trucks, trains) Meadowcroft Memorial Trophy – Steve Abbey
- Figures and vignettes (factual historical, military, civilian) any scale. –
- Busts (factual historical, military, civilian) any scale.
- Ships and waterborne vessels. –
- Dioramas, any subject/scale. Bruce Arterton Memorial trophy – James Cann
- Sci-fi, fantasy and space subjects, any scale. Sandy Thompson Memorial trophy – Rory Manton
- General – i.e. anything not covered by any other class (flat figures, toy soldiers, war-gaming figures, large-scale weapons, card models etc.)
- Aircraft in classes 2 or 3, (by a Poole Vikings Club member) Peter Horne Memorial trophy – Malcolm Lowe
- Best of Show (awarded to a non PVMC Club member) – Steve Abbey
In addition, ANY displays/models at the show are eligible to be awarded a trophy for the following:
- Best Visiting Club Stand/Display – IPMS Southampton
- Carol Lowe Memorial – special aircraft award – Nick Williamson
- Reg Rose Memorial – any Sherman tank subject – Mark Hazard
- Albion Alloys Award – best application of scratch-built detail to a model NOT using any commercially produced or after-market detail sets. Mark Hazard